Monday, March 13, 2006

GO Hard Or Go Home - A Diatribe from Captain Insano

Oh good lord my liver hates me…..I wouldn't be surprised if it went on strike. Seriously, at some point Saturday night it told me to fuck off.

Crazy weekend? Um…uh – YES! I don't even know where to begin…..but I'll suck it up and try.

Originally I planned on staying in Thursday, but since I had Friday off, why not just go out for a little while and then head home around 11? Not a bad plan right?

Well.

At 11:00 p.m. I was not in bed like anticipated, I was on stage singing in a karaoke contest. I should mention here that I had no intention of being in said contest and nor did I think I was up to par to even be part of it…..but like most things in my life, I said, "What the hell," and gave it a whirl. By 2:00 a.m. I had not only been on stage for a minimum of four songs that night, I had also won the contest. That's right beotches, I won. GO ME!!!

Friday all day, I was stuck on stupid as a result of lack of sleep and a slight hangover. (Who woulda thunk it?) I was looking forward to a mellow evening opting to not contact anyone to do anything. Did that happen? Wait, better question, does anything in the life of Mer ever go according to plan? Um – no.

One thing you should know about me, I'm a trooper. I won't complain much and not much keeps me down. So when the bat signal went out to meet up with Justin, I got on the horn, plans were made and the night began. I called up Nicole because we were just talking about how we haven't hung out, we grabbed some eats, had a few cocktails and headed out to meet up with him. And to be honest, I had a great time chilling with Mr. Justin and his crew…..it was for a lack of better description – insane. Oh boy yes, it was out of control…..and fun. I could get in a lot of trouble with that kid.
Yo Justin – think you could handle a round two!?!?! LOL.

Of course I didn't get home early like I was supposed to. Why? Because I'm an asshole and that's what assholes do. BUT I will say this, even though I got home at about 4:30 a.m., I was still on time and ready to bring my sister and brother-in-law to the airport….JFK. I might be an asshole, but I'm a reliable one at that.

Now you're thinking, "Oh Mer, you had to have stayed in Saturday night." Oh noooooo!!!! Nope. What's my motto people? Go hard or go home. I had plans for a bar crawl, and a bar craw I did. By 11:30 I had hit 4 bars with the intention of going to a strip club (Satin Dolls) as our final destination. I've never been to one so I was psyched and so were my friends ….but of course when we got there, the cover was way over what anyone was willing to pay…..so that idea was 86'd right fast. Which I guess was ok, I didn't have a male specimen to abuse after the club so it would have been a nil point. I'll wait until I have someone to go with who wouldn't mind being my toy for an evening. Opps, did I just say that?

My friends and I just wound up going to a club that played the most god awful guido music. And don't get me started on the guidos themselves – I almost punched one in the baby maker, but that's another story. By 2:00 a.m. I had had enough and went home. I was finally done.

But the weekend did not end there, I had a Christening and then dinner at a friends house Sunday. To be perfectly dead ass, I don't remember much of yesterday because I was consciously comatose for the better part of it. But I want to thank Troy and Carrie for their hospitality. That was the most awake I was all day.

Hey it happens and I'm not complaining.

To any and all people I saw this weekend. Thank you. My liver is flipping you the bird, punching me in the stomach and screaming obscenities like a mo fo, but hey, I had a good time and that's all that matters. Sweet.

No comments: