Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I'm Bored

It is common knowledge that I have a lot of time on my hands at work. Some would even venture to call me a lucky bitch - my take on it? I'm not complaining - hell if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But let me clear this up, being bored is no fault of my own either. I do my work, I just do it rather efficiently....yep I'm da bomb, but that's neither here nor there.

Truth be told though, sometimes I'd rather stick a fork in my eye for entertainment value than sit here and do nothing for another 8 hours. I literally have spent ENTIRE days sitting here, surfing the net, paying bills and emailing. MySpace does poise some distractions (read: corny surveys), but I'm getting a little spent on the surveys and crap and I'm tired of putting my thoughts and feelings out there on the blog. I'm at a point where I actually help my good friend Chris book his leisure travel. Today, I'm helping him shop for digital cameras (if anyone has a recommendation I'm listening).

So I call on you, my friends, to help a sista out. Do you have a blog or website that is a MUST read? Do you have any links to something that will keep a gal like me entertained? I am an avid reader of a few websites as is, but they aren't updated on a constant basis. For this information I will be truly indebted to you.

In return, I give you a few good reads: Jason Mulgrew and Tucker Max. Pure gems if you have a sick sense of humor like myself.

A quick background:

Jason Mulgrew he actually started a blog about two years ago and from that he's gained a little following and is now writing pilot shows for two networks. His earlier stuff is much funnier, probably because back then he had the time and didn't give a rats ass what he put up. Basically he's overweight, drinks a ton, smokes the silly stuff, eats and beats off a lot. Sick dude - good read. Find him at http://www.jasonmulgrew.com/main/

Tucker Max I wouldn't be surprised if you've already heard of him. He's been around awhile and he honestly doesn't give a shit. He's actually quite intelligent thus his ability to not have a normal 9-5 job in years. I can't explain him better than his website but the stories he's posted - OMG, truly hysterical. I recommend the Famous Sushi Pants Story and Tucker Tries Butt Sex; Hilarity Ensues. He's just published another book "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell," which is actually available on Amazon.com and at Barnes and Nobles. Not bad right? Check it out. http://www.tuckermax.com/

For something a little more serious, but still entertaining, I recommend Stephanie Klein. She has had a blog for a few years and best way to describe her - she's very "Sex in the City" - she's landed herself 2 book deals and now does it full time. Her insight and insecurity is refreshing to say the least because its honest, straighfoward, and compelling. Actually if you know my full name, google it, I was quoted in the NY Times regarding this blog. http://stephanieklein.blogs.com/

Anyway, hook it up and send me some links for a good read, games, funnies anything you truly find worth looking at. Or email me, yeh, that works too. You'll be helping me out in epic proportions.

No comments: