Thursday, December 08, 2005

Devils Suck Major Cock

Last night was my first Devil's game in almost three years and I was elated to go beyond belief. B and I had been discussing grabbing a game one of these days and yesterday when I made my weekly visit to his office, we decided right there and then to go to the game that evening.

I won't get into the whole game, but I will tell you this, they just aren't the Devil's of old. They have no heart and they are not playing together like a real team. It was horrible. I was happier than a pig in shit to be there, but it was disappointing to see them lose.

B and I though had a great time. I love that kid. He was pretty impressed with my knowledge of hockey too - go me. We have a unique friendship where I'm just about the ONLY person he discusses serious things with...i.e. relationship stuff. He has been dating this one girl for about 8-10 months now and I'm the one he talks to about her. I'm actually flattered that he talks to me at such length too because its my way of repaying him for all the great advice he gives me. I LOVE YOU B!!!!! Thanks for going with me last night. U D Bomb.

Honestly, we have a great time and we spoof just about everything and laugh at each other endlessly. Last night we started talking about being single and then the conversation got to marriage and then it went like this:

M: B, if I’m not married by time we’re 40, well when you’re 40, because I’m two years older – we should get married.
B: Great idea. Definitely and then we’ll have like 15 kids.
M: Nice. We’ll have the best marriage ever. We’ll drink, we’ll smoke, we’ll chill.
B: No drinking for you. You’ll be pregnant.
M: True. True. Ok, then you have to double fist – one for you and one for me.
B: Definitely. But do you want to wait until you’re like 40? I think it should be earlier.
M: Good point. Ok, how about we revisit this idea when I’m 35 and we’ll see where we are and then make our decision?
B: Awesome.

Come on....that's awesome and that's just about how all our conversations go.

HOWEVER, during the game, my cell phone goes off. Low and behold it's Robbie. I didn't tell you guys this, but he also works part time for the Devils organization but I never know what game he's at.

R: Where are you?
M: I'm at the Devil's game.
R: Are you? So am I!!
M: No way! I had no idea you were working tonight.
R: I sent you an email that I was going to call you from the game.
M: Dude, I didn't get it.
R: You should have called me from the game though. Why didn't you call?
M: Well I left you a message last night and I never heard back from you. You're a busy dude, I'm not going to bombard you with phone calls. The ball was in your court.
R: Mer. You can call me WHENEVER you want, however many times you want.
M: Nice.

Then he called me after the game and the conversation was about the drunk dial I left.

M: Are you sure it wasn't that bad?
R: Nope, it was just fine. You said something about having a good time with me on our date and then you started to sing "If I had a million dollars."
M: Whew. Ok good because I left two other messages that night. Let's put it this way - I called my friend Matt and told him that I was getting married in the Bahamas.
R: The Bahamas?
M: Yep, the Bahamas and I was inviting him to come.
R: You told him that you were marrying me right?

Yep, my fears of insecurity have been alleviated. Later on we spoke AGAIN before I went to bed and it was business as usual. Him making me laugh uncontrollably and us just shooting the breeze. We really are two peas in a pod and I am hoping that I see him this weekend so I can take a running leap and jump on his fucking head.

Who just said that?

Sorry, that was a lack of control on my part. You have to understand - its been a while for Mer. :(

Anyway, cross your fingers again because I think it worked the first time.

No comments: