Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oooo Karma You Sneaky Devil

Karma, O you sneaky little Devil you. You strike when people least expect it and you can be a total and complete rat bastard when you want to be. I promise, I will try so hard not to cross you and continue living my life by way of good and bad.

Trixie - sigh. When will you learn? I love you, you are my friend and I want nothing but the best for you, but why you don't listen to the voice of Mer when she gives you advice? Instead you pool your friends and listen to the ones who tell you what you want to hear. You'll never learn.

For those who do not know Trixie and her personality, I will tell you this, she is, how do I explain??? Well she's conceited. We've all told her that and she's said and I quote, "I'm not conceited. I'm cocky. There's a difference." No there isn't, but anyway, the cockiness tends to make her feel like she's an untouchable and that's not good. Plus, she honestly does not know what it is like to be without a man in her life. She is ALWAYS dating someone. That's just her. As long as I've known her, she's always had a man in her life. Correction, she's had men in her life. I am NOT holier than thou, and I do not judge her - if she wants to date more than one man until one of them is ready to say - "let's be exclusive" - that's perfectly fine.....unless they are under the pretense that they are the only man in her life, which is exactly what they think.

I've given her warnings, I've told her that one day she will get caught, that her luck will soon run out, that she is certainly playing with fire and her response is usually one of two things, "I'm not exclusive and until one is ready for a committment, then I'm ok. I don't owe anyone anything." OR, "I've done this before and I've NEVER gotten caught."

Well.

The first reaction I can almost agree with - almost, however, I won't say she was dating all three men, but I will say she was having "relations," and I knew that although these men did not know one another, nor did they even live anywhere close to each other, it was just a matter of time before Karma knocked on the door and said, "Time. Anti up."

Sure enough, the man who was in the forefront for her affections was clearly the one she hurt the most. He was what she was looking for, good looking, great job, own place, own car, lived in an exclusive part of NYC, showed loads of affection, was intelligent, spent boatloads of cash on her and her friends (me and Samantha) and he was crazy gonzo for her. So of course he was the one she hurt most.

For all her scheming she got caught in the stupidest of ways, on the phone while peeing. That's right. Peeing!!! See Trixie doesn't care if she's on the phone with you, me or the Pope, if she's got to pee, she goes pee. She was at his house, relaxing and she received a phone call and decided to use the bathroom while on the phone. Bad move - the bathroom is large and it echos - very very loudly. Second bad move was not turning the volume down on her phone. This guy is sitting on the bed right outside the door when her friend asks Trixie, "Is he the only guy you are dating?" In a very, "duh stupid question" manner, she replied, "Humph....No."

The second Trixie came out of the bathroom, his demeanor had already changed and he became cold, distant and standoffish. She was up shit's creek. She tried to talk to him and work it out, but he wasn't having it. He stuck to his guns. Let's put it this way - every time she says goodbye to him, he doesn't want to let go. He'll hug her, kiss her and hug her some more - when she left, he not only did NOT do any of those things, his good bye was, "Take care."

Ouch.

I certainly do not want to see her hurt, but I couldn't help but tell her that I had told her it was going to end like this eventually and karma being the bitch she is would totally hit her ten fold. See Karma doesn't come at you with one bad turn deserves another - nope, it finds something you truly like and it smashes it to utterly nothing. One bad turn by you is turned into something horrible by Karma. It happens.

To add insult to injury, this morning she got a speeding ticket. Good god.

As her friend I can only try to explain to her why things happen the way they do. She wasn't going to marry this guy so she shouldn't be so heart broken. She also laid out false pretenses so she can't get that upset at him for telling her to kiss off. She can however learn from this and choose not to do it again. Treat others as you would like to be treated. I never thought it was a hard concept. Not that I follow it to a "T" - but I try. I really do. We make stupid mistakes, we hurt people we shouldn't, but its up to you whether or not you learn from it and move on, or you can roll the crazy dice and get snake eyes again.

She kills me though. She really does. She's dating other men and one of them (We'll call him Mr. X) she saw only hours before this guy - and she actually told me, "I like Mr. X better than V." - so why o why is she making such a big fuss? Because she got caught and her ego can't handle it.

Am I being caddy or am I being real? Humph. Good question. I don't think I'm being caddy because these are all things I've said to her face. So I'm going to have to say I'm being real. See I hate when people do this shit. Its not fair to the person who is its being done to. Its not nice and its not how I live my life. I don't know, perhaps I'm tired of her whole life revolving around men - which is something that rubs off on me....a lot. I've never talked so much about men in all my life as I have in the last 8 months and I can't help to think that its because I hang out with her everyday and that's all her life is focused on. Its a viscious cycle that I'm trying to break. It took me awhile, but I think the first part of it is recognition and acceptance - isn't that what they say in therapy or something?

Anyway, I'll try to keep you all posted. V, the guy she hurt, is on MySpace and we've chatted a little - nothing crazy, all hi and bye shit and neither of us have mentioned this incident. If I get an interview with him, I'll totally tell you about it. Totally.

One last note before I go - I saw Bon Jovi last night in concert and it was ok. They used to be my favorite live act, but it left me extremely unsatisfied. The sound wasn't great and they played a ton of new songs and that's not what they've done in the past so it was a little disappointing. It happens. At least I got to chill with my big sissy and throw back a few and when I say few, I mean I drunk dialed on my way INTO the concert - not out. Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon Bon Jovi's still pretty cute.