Monday, October 17, 2005

Weekend of Highs and Lows


Here they are - Urban Trip. Ok, so this isn't the MOST flattering photo I could probably take, but it was definitely the last coherent photo taken that evening - that's for damn sure.

Saturday night I dragged my friends to see Urban Trip again - and guess what, just like I prophesized they loved them. Sweet.

Now as you recall, the last time I saw this band, I was up on stage singing my heart out to "Livin' on a Prayer" by none other than Bon Jovi (swoon). Well I am happy to report that as usual, I did not disappoint. Not ONLY did I get personally invited on stage by Mr. Jay to sing with him (so Rockstar), BUT I was the crazy broad who did not leave the stage for the entire second set singing every song, playing the tambourine and dancing my beautiful big booty all over. Good times.

Thank you Mike, Jay, Ed and Dave for the kick ass time Saturday night - you really helped me end the week on a good note because the beginning of the week had me ready to jump off a bridge. OH BUT WAIT a minute. I forgot to mention - I also fell on stage. How funny is that?

Now I don't know if I've ever mentioned this before, but when I drink (a lot), I have a tendency to fall (a lot). When I was still friends with Peter we would get shit faced together and the smallest move and I'd be kissing concrete. I can't tell you how many times that kid picked me up off the floor - sweet god that was always a good time. That's about the only thing I miss about that kid, going out drinking and partying with him. You know its a good night if I've fallen at least once - this reminds me, I have to tell you all my Atlantic City story one of these days - Worst. Fall. Ever. - Concussion style. Anyway - so I'm on stage and dancing and singing and at some point I got bumped and I just went down. Not hard and not stupid, its like I sat down and there was no chair. IT WAS HYSTERICAL. I'm a dumbass, I make no excuses, I fell. Thanks Mike for picking my drunk butt up - he's talented, somehow he was able to play guitar and offer a hand - good job bro. HA - good times.

Now for all of you out there who have not seen the band live, I highly suggest you do so and I also suggest you check out their website for dates of performances and to listen to a sampling of their music. Good stuff. You can also see some whacked out photos of me on their website from the first performance I ever saw of them - here and here. Now, before you look at them - know this - I was BLACK OUT BLIND DRUNK when these photos were taken. I mean, I barely remember that night, let alone acting like an asshole and jumping in some unknown person's pictures - swear, I have NO idea who these people are in the pictures - none. But I have great boobs so all is forgiven.

On another note, Saturday night my mac card was also stolen. Not cool. So not cool because the thief used it twice by 3:30 a.m. so now I have the distinct displeasure of filing a fraud claim with my bank who I loathe as is right now - long story so not worth retelling. But now I'm panicking because if I thought I didn't have money before, I'm shit out of luck right now until this gets settled. I can't even pay bills - URGH!!! Debt is a huge huge concern and worry of mine - I have fantastic credit and I worry about getting in debt all the time. I need a second job, which I will be searching for shortly. Yuk.

So yesterday I spent the day inside sulking, eating and not talking to anyone because its just one more thing to add to a long list of frustrations going on in my life right now. But I'll get through it, just like I get through everything else. Its at times like this that I like to sing a little jingle from the fabulous 80's:

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh-no
I got to keep on movin'
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground Oh-no,
I got to keep on movin'

Love that song. Wish I had a stereo pumping it as I walked around in my own little fog - which after the weekend I had, I'm in serious need of a brain and liver transplant. I was in a coma like state from Thursday night through last night with not much of a breather in between. But guess what? Its all good in Mer's hood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fell down two days ago. It was 10am. I was sober. At least when you're out and you're drunk, you have an excuse.